Vegetable curry recipe
Posted September 28, 2004
- Any combination of vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, peas, courgettes, french beans, red pepper, All diced
- chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- 1 tin of chickpeas.
- 6 cloves
- 5 cardomom pods
- two sticks of cinnamon, 2 inches
- 1 teaspoon of fengureek seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Kalonji (onion) seeds
- 5 dried chilies, broken up
- I tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of low salt
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
In a large saucepan fry all the seeds and chilli in hot olive oil, then add the diced vegetables, chickpeas, turmeric, sugar and coriander. Fry for 3 minutes, add water, cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the salt and tomato purée stir and simmer for another 2 minutes.
Add the chopped coriander leaves.