Carob Cookie Recipe
Posted June 28, 2006
Haribol! Here's a carob cookie recipe that many have said is quite tasty:
- two sticks (1/2 lb / 1cup) unsalted butter
- two cups flour
- 1 package carob chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped peacans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons egg replacer powder disolved in approx 3-5 TBS hot water.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (alcohol cooks out)
- 1 heaping teapoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnomon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and Flour one 9X12 or 13 in. pan.
Combine butter, sugar, egg replacer solution and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Beat thoroughly using a hand mixer or other electric mixer. You could also
mix by hand if the butter is soft. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt
and cinnomon. Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add nuts. Add
chips. Place the complete mixture into the pan. Spread evenly. Bake for 20
minutes. Cool, cut offer and enjoy. Cookies will be soft. For firmer
cookies, reduce butter by 1/2 stick (1/2cup).