Posted January 12, 2012
Have you thought about moving further into the techological fray and buying yourself an eReader? Even though it might seem daunting to face yet more new technology, there are reasons why you should – the most compelling being that you can easily store all of Srila Prabhupada’s books (and so many others!) on one handheld device (storage capacities vary). Many eReaders can also read the books to you as well as play mp3 files. This device is the pinnacle of convenience and is relatively inexpensive. eReaders are
• Portable – take it with you anywhere and everywhere. Show it to others (great if you are on book distribution, on an airplane, in a car, preaching away from home – the possibilities are endless).
• Space-saving, lightweight, comfortable – much smaller and lighter than carrying a volume of Srimad-Bhagavatam, eReaders allow you to read anything anywhere anytime (even at work).
• Multi-taskers – search for specific phrases, look up words in the built-in English dictionary, or use the translation dictionaries and get your definitions in your own language.
• Mini-computers – many eReaders have built in Wi-Fi to give you internet access to download books and browse your favorite websites.
• Economical – books are cheaper to download than to buy in hard copy. (It’s also possible to find free ebooks.)
• Eco-friendly – 1 cord (2 tons) of wood yields only 1/2 to 1 ton of paper, so lots of trees are saved when you use an eReader – not to mention that you avoid the processes and chemicals used to create paper, which are also harmful to the environment.
Additionally, eReaders have become much more affordable this year than last, as there are many electronics manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon to produce them. They are undoubtedly the future of reading, especially for our children. Check out ebook-reader-review.toptenreviews.com/ for a comparison of the most popular eReaders on the market today.
Now that you are sold on why you should buy an eReader, I will reiterate the main point: You can load the entire Srimad-Bhagavatam, Caitanya-caritamrta, the Bhagavad gita As It Is, Krsna book, Teachings of Lord Caitanya, Sri Isopanisad, Teachings of Lord Kapila, The Nectar of Instruction, and many other of Srila Prabhupada’s books onto your eReader. Imagine having all those books in one place at your convenience anytime and everywhere you go.
The BBT realizes that eReaders are the future, and they have been working diligently to make Srila Prabhupada’s books available for all eReader platforms. The minute you get your reader in hand, log onto www.bbtmedia.com to download any of the above titles for free. More titles are becoming available in different languages every day, so check back often.
By having the nectar to hear or read at your fingertips, this device will improve your life.
Post your comments here.
These comments are posted by independent site visitors and are in no way affiliated with Chakra.org or the authors of its content. All comments must be appropriately censored for children. If you want to post anonymously, we can provide you a password for Chakra Dev (email your request to chakradevrequest (@) gmail (.) com ).