Open Letter to Srila Prabhupada's Daughters
Posted February 6, 2009
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
As you may know, Malati Prabhu has inspired us to compile some of the memories of Srila Prabhupada's women disciples. We hope this compilation will preserve for posterity Srila Prabhupada's legacy of exchanges with his women disciples and will illumine still more facets of his glories - how his reciprocation with them endeared his women disciples to him and gave them life-long inspiration and guidance.
We humbly request all women disciples of Srila Prabhupada who had personal experiences with him to provide material for this book. After so many years your life is still reposed around Srila Prabhupada's lotus feet. Why? Your answer to this question will form fragrant flowers for this garland of memories we will offer Srila Prabhupada together, with gratitude and love.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for us to interview you or for information about writing or recording your memories and sending them to us. We will facilitate you in any way you require.
In advance, thank you over and over for your cooperation. This project belongs to all of us and its success depends on all of us, Srila Prabhupada's loving daughters. May our efforts reflect Srila Prabhupada's teachings and mood.
Malati devi dasi
Visakha devi dasi
Kaisori devi dasi
A Bond of Love
Srila Prabhupada and His Daughters
RR 1 Box 319
Moundsville, WV 26041, USA
A Bond of Love
SRILA PRABHUPADA and HIS DAUGHTERS
A STATEMENT OF PURPOSES
This book will be a compilation of carefully gathered eye-witness accounts and experiences from the women disciples of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder-acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.
The book will document Srila Prabhupada's exchanges with his women disciples for the benefit of existing and future members of ISKCON as well as for anyone interested in knowing more about our beloved spiritual master and how he deeply and personally affected the lives of his beloved women disciples (spiritual daughters). Our intentions for this book include:
1. To give Srila Prabhupada's women disciples an opportunity to glorify him.
2. To insure that Srila Prabhupada's women disciples' voices are on record for posterity.
3. To allow Srila Prabhupada's women disciples to share their love for him by revealing their exchanges with him.
4. To reveal how Srila Prabhupada was attentive to his women disciples and their needs.
5. To show how his women disciples strongly felt Srila Prabhupada's signature love and care.
6. To reveal the instructions and lessons Srila Prabhupada imparted to his women disciples.
7. To reveal personal exchanges between Srila Prabhupada and his women disciples.
8. To detail life-transforming experiences that occurred as a result of interactions between Srila Prabhupada and his women disciples.
9. To show that Srila Prabhupada transcended the constraints of physical age, time, place, and mundane social customs.
10. To show that Srila Prabhupada had equal love and affection for both his male and female disciples and that he respected and gave credit to women.
This book is an important, collaborative effort from all of Srila Prabhupada's women disciples. Through its pages we will be united with godsisters throughout the world and will grow even closer to our dearest beloved Srila Prabhupada.
Please participate by contributing your remembrances. This is our opportunity to be heard. Kindly take it!