ComputerDoctor of Alachua is Seeking a General Store Manager
Posted May 27, 2011
ComputerDoctor Corp is seeking a GENERAL STORE MANAGER to lead our Alachua, Florida Store Team. ComputerDoctor is located on Main St in Alachua and is the oldest locally owned and operated Computer Store in the Alachua/Gainesville area. It is our goal to offer a retail experience second to none. To attain that goal we make sure that ComputerDoctor offers our customers the highest level of integrity and customer service support.
In a high-energy Computer service environment, our General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the store, its ability to achieve company goals, and its place in the community. As the store will reflect the personality and values of the General Manager, this person must be naturally people oriented and aligned with ComputerDoctor's key values. You need the leadership skills to translate company initiatives into action effectively and the creativity to develop your own store strategies to achieve Retail and Operational Excellence and increase Business Sales.
Our General Manger is responsible for all aspects of the store's performance including inventory, sales, and service. The objective is to bring the store to its full financial potential by growing sales and service. Direction and guidance will be provided by our executive management team and by working in collaboration with our team of employees.
One must be a self-directed and motivated professional who is experienced at setting priorities and maintaining multiple projects and deadlines in order to excel at this position. We consider a proven ability to bring together a group of diverse and talented individuals into a cohesive team that can achieve its stated goals necessary for this position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with external and internal customers are also essential for your success in our team-oriented company.
Primary Job Functions (include but are not limited to):
• Manage the overall operation of the store within company accepted practices to include sales growth and contained expenses.
• Understand company goals, policies, sales and marketing objectives and act in support of these at all times.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with customers, owners and employees.
• Develop and operate within budgets for sales and expenses.
• Select, train and manage all store employees including sales, admin and service personnel.
• Motivate the store staff and maintain a high level of morale within the store.
• Maximize customer satisfaction while developing long-term business relationships.
• Actively seek opportunities in the community to participate in activities that serve to enhance the corporate image.
• Be conscious of responsibility for equal opportunity by ensuring that all hiring, firing, pay and promotion are conducted in a non-discriminatory manner.
• Understand competitors' approach to and positioning in your stores' markets.
• Ensure that adequate safety precautions are used for protection of all employees and customers.
• Support company marketing initiatives with staff training and store merchandising.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of employee activity and accounting.
• Attend scheduled management meetings prepared to discuss agenda items and present relevant information along with constructive feedback to the team.
• You must have 3-5 years successful sales management experience, as measured by sales performance against goal.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate a team of professionals.
• Experience in the field of Computer systems and/or Computer Software sales.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
• Commitment to lifelong learning.
Email resume to email@example.com. Selected candidate will be entitled to profit sharing.
Applicants must submit to an extensive background investigation, including criminal, credit and driving records.
Post your comments here.
These comments are posted by independent site visitors and are in no way affiliated with Chakra.org or the authors of its content. All comments must be appropriately censored for children. If you want to post anonymously, we can provide you a password for Chakra Dev (email your request to chakradevrequest (@) gmail (.) com ).