Elementary Teacher Wanted
Posted April 9, 2010
The Bhaktivedanta Academy (formerly New Raman Reti School), a Krishna-centered Pre-K thru 6th grade school, located in the Alachua, Florida devotee community, is seeking applicants for the position of Lead Teacher for our upper elementary class (Grades 4 - 6).
The school has been part of the devotee community in Alachua since 1990 and is presently serving 50 students in grades pre-K - 6th, making it one of ISKCON's largest elementary schools in North America. The Bhaktivedanta Academy is committed to providing both a strong Krishna Conscious program, as well as academic excellence.
Under the supervision of the Director, the Lead Teacher guides students' activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment - challenging each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas in a manner appropriate for their age group and in accordance with the school's mission, vision, and policies.
Bhaktivedanta Academy follows a 180 day school year with time off during summer and holidays. This is a salaried full-time position that will begin in August 2010.
- ISKCON member in good standing who is committed to his/her spiritual development.
- BA or BS minimum (M.ED, preferred).
- Montessori EL II certification (AMS) or willingness to attain.
- Elementary level teaching experience preferred.
- Able to pass local, state, and federal criminal background screenings.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- US citizen or possess documentation of right to work in the US.
- Current first aid and CPR certification preferred.
Download the full job description.
Interested applicants should download the employment application and may either scan and email the completed application along with current resume to email@example.com, fax to 866-944-8834, or mail to P.O. Box 937, Alachua, FL 32616. Send all correspondence to the attention of Visvambhara das.
Applications will be accepted through April 19th, 2010.