Sri Krishna Janmashtami,
Monday, September 6th 2004
Posted September 5, 2004
Please accept the blessings of Sri Sri Radha Madan Mohan, Sri Sri Sita Rama Lakshman Hanuman, Sri Sri Gaura Nitai and Srila Prabhupada.
Krishna Janmashtami, Monday, September 6
Come and join us in celeberating the most important festival of the year, the appearance day of Lord Krishna. This festival, which attracts thousands of devotees from the greater Washington and the vicinity, is celeberated with great enthusiasm. This year we have a specially exciting lineup of events to make the evening a memorable one.
The temple room and Deities open all day till midnight, aratis will be done every hour on the hour accompanied by kirtans. The festivities begin from 6 pm in the evening. These include a fancy dress show by our Sunday school kids, classical dance, a drama that has been produced by the dynamic youth group and melodious kirtans by talented singers.
There will also be non-stop kirtans, a restaurant with mouth-watering delicacies. There will be a video screening in the cultural hall. Our gift shop is bursting with many new articles ordered specially for the occasion.
For the kids there is face painting, the greatly popular moon-bounce ride, petting the cows and much much more.
Please mark this day and remember to come with all your friends and familiy.
*** For details on contributions and services please see the end of the email ***
Srila Prabhupada's Appearance day, Tuesday, Sep 7th
Srila Prabhupada, the founder-acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) by intense personal effort and determination, spread the glories of Lord Krishna all over the world and has given each of us an opportunity to make spritual advancement. On September 7th, Sunday, we will be celebrating his 108th appearance anniversary at the temple, beginning at 11 am. The program includes offerings by senior disciples of Srila Prabhupada, memories and recollections of those who have been fortunate to get his association and guru-puja. A fabulously sumptuous feast will be served in the afternoon.
- Making Garlands & Cutting vegetables (On Sunday 5th @ 10-4 PM)
- Serving Prasadam on Janmastami Day.
- Working in Kitchen on Janmastami Day.
- Helping with Car Park on Janmastami Day.
Helping with Temple decorations on Janmastami Day.
- Helping with people management on Janmastami Day.
- Volunteers for Kirtana, Cooking, Puja etc.
- Helping in Kitchen with Srila Prabhupada Feast (On Tuesday 7th)
Janmastami Donation List:
- $7,500 Bhoga for Free Prasadam
- $3,000 Equipment Rental
- $3,000 Supplies
- $2,500 New outfit for Deities
- $2,100 Flowers
- $1,500 Publicity/Newsletter
- $1,001 Srila Prabhupada Feast
- $501 Abhisheka with Special Kalash
- $251 Srila Prabhupada Kalash Abhisekh
- $251 Srila Prabhupada Dress
- $151 Feast/Cowpooja
- $--- Optional
- Basmati Rice 300 pounds
- Besan (Channa flour) 25 packets
- Sooji (for Halava) 200 pounds
- Mung Dhal 200 lbs
- Atta 3 bags
- White all purpose flour 10 bags
- Sugar 500 pound
- Peanuts 100 pounds
- Cashews 20 pounds
- Almonds 20 pounds
- Saboo Dhana 20 pounds
- Assorted spices, jeera, mustard seed, Turmeric, elaichie, cinnamon stick 2 pounds each
- Peanut cooking oil 2 large container
- Normal cooking oil 5 large container
- Frozen drinks 100 lbs
- Milk 80 gallons
- Butter (unsalted) 250 pounds
- Cauliflower 20 box, 12 in each box
- Potatoes 16 bags
- Tomato fresh 12 boxes
- Cabbage 1 box
- Tomato crushed 30 large cans
- Frozen Peas 40 bags
- Carrot 3 bags large
- Condensed milk 100 cans
- Ginger 15 pounds
- Chili 5 pounds
- Curry patta 10 bunch
- Dhania patta (coriander) fresh 40 bunches
- Grapes 5 boxes
- Pineapple 1 box
- Banana 5 boxes
- Apple 5 boxes
- Pear 5 boxes
- Mangos 20 boxes
- Any other fruits 5 boxes or more
- Dates, raisins, apricots 50 lbs each
- Plates 10 000
- Cups 10 000
- Spoons 10 000
If you need further information or if you would like to volunteer any time
or resources. Please contact: Caitanya Nitai Das (Laksaman) Home & Office.
301-765-8948 Cell: 240-476-6540