Puri devotees to celebrate Parikrama and festival
Posted November 1, 2004
Hoping for the divine blessings of Srila Prabhupada, of my Gurudeva and of all the devotees, I am organising and coordinating the second annual Sri Jagannatha Puri Dhama Parikrama and a Hare Krishna World Festival, scheduled for February 24-26, 2005. The events will take place in Mahodadhi, Sri Jagannatha Puri Dhama, Orissa, India.
The purpose of this transcendental event is to glorify Their Lordships Sri Sri Jagannatha, Baladeva and Subhadra Devi, Sri Sri Gaura Nitai and all the dear devotees of the Lord. Therefore I cordially invitate everyone to participate in this festival and very sincerely with folded hands I am begging all devotees' kind help, support, cooperation and inspiration for the grand success of this soul-lifting project this soullifting project next year and every year to follow.
Sri Jagannatha Puri Dhama Parikrama and Hare Krishna World Festival are presented in memory of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder-Acarya of ISKCON, and his disciple H.H. Gaura Govinda Swami, by whose inspiration and causeless mercy we are blessed. This festival is offered at the lotus feet of Sri Sri Nityananda Prabhu, the most magnanimous incarnation of the Supreme Lord Sri Krishna.
- Daily Sri Hari Nama sankirtan procession in holy Puri city with big numbers of devotees from around the world.
- Lecture on the transcendental pastimes of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder-Acarya of ISKCON, and his matchless gift to the whole world.
- Lecture on Their Lordships Sri Sri Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra Devi & Sri Jagannatha Puri Dhama.
- Lecture on the Supreme Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's 18 years in Sri Jagannatha Puri Dhama.
- Festival and Parikrama programs are completely free of charge.
- Free rooms for all of Srila Prabhupada's disciples with all arrangements and special reception (must register one month in advance).
- Free Mahaprasadam (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for all Parikrama participants (participants must register one month in advance).
- Free Mahaprasadam distribution to general public every evening -- 5,000 people per day.
- Colourful devotional dancing and singing in the cultural stage programme every evening. Hare Krishna! Jaya Jagannatha!
- To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all peoples in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
- To propagate a consciousness of Sri Jagannatha, as revealed in the Srimad Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.
- To bring the members of the society together with each other and nearer to Sri Jagannatha, the prime entity, thus to develop the idea within the members and humanity at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Sri Jagannatha).
- To teach and encourage the sankirtan movement, congregational chanting of the holy name of God, as revealed in the teaching of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
- To erect for the members, and for society at large, a holy place of transcendental pastimes dedicated to the Personality of Sri Jagannatha.
- To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a simpler and more natural way of life.
- With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings.
For more information: Jagateswar das, Organiser and Coordinator, Sri
Jagannatha Puri Dhama Parikrama and Hare Krishna World Festival, Plot
No. N-4/989 (Private) First Floor, IRC Village, Bhubaneswar 751015,
Orissa, India. Telephone 91-0674-2554007 (Home). Please visit us at :