Article From Radhadesh
Posted May 25, 2006
ISKCON Convention 2006
Radhadesh has been known for many years as one of ISKCONS leading educational centers. Throughout the entire year you will find seminars and workshops on yoga, cooking and various other interesting subjects to stimulate the mind and intelligent. This year Radhadesh is proud to present its newest series of seminars given by some of ISKCONS foremost devotees. Please read carefully the descriptions given below and then register as soon as possible. Not only will your spiritual life improve vastly from these seminars but the association of devotees from all parts of Europe will be a great source of inspiration for you. And that's what spiritual life is all about, association of devotees.
1) Bhakti Caitanya Swami "Lessons from the Pastimes of Lord Caitanya" - an analysis of different lilas of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the practical lessons we can learn from them and apply in our daily lives in Krishna consciousness.
2) Prahladananda Swami "A dark well or eternal lila?" - This course deals with modern society and ISKCON, examining the direction both can go in to make our lives happy and successful.
3) Kurma Das "Cooking with Kurma" - A hands-on tour of the world of Vedic vegetarian cuisine with Australia 's favorite cooking guru Kurma Das. Learn the art of preparing fresh cheese, spice masalas and pastes, breads, pickles, chutneys, vegetable dishes and sweets. Hear about the science of Vedic food preparation and Ayurvedic health.
4) Hari-sauri Das "Srila Prabhupada the living Bhagavatam" - Discover how Srila Prabhupada lived the life of a devotee. Hari-sauri das presents an intimate look at how Srila Prabhupada applied the philosophy and practices of Krsna Consciousness in day-to-day situations.
5) Kadamba Kanana Swami "Living with Vows"
6) Laxmimoni Devi Dasi "The myth of western civilization" - Comparing what Western civilized culture calls the mythology of the Bhagavatam against the myths of Western culture.
7) Urmila Devi Dasi "Finding Satisfaction in Educational Service: What teachers in Krishna 's schools can tell us about Culture, religion, and motivation" How do those in devotional, educational projects find satisfaction in their service? How can we nourish and improve our schools.
8) Braja Bihari Das: "Can't We All Just Get Along?" What are the causes of conflict in ISKCON (and religious organizations in general)? What are the various ways to deal with conflict in a healthy way? Towards developing a justice system in ISKCON. What is the Vaisnava approach to helping people dealing with trauma? Making ISKCON a conflict friendly organization.
9) Atmananda Das "Atma yoga: decrease stress, develop confidence, and build Prabhupada's community" mission. Come learn how Atma yoga is developing stress free, confident preachers.
10) Education: "From the Cradle to the Pyre" - An analysis and discussion of
ISKCON's educational systems. In this seminar we will discuss the importance of developing a complete educational system within ISKCON in order to successfully fulfill Srila Prabhupada's mission. We will reflect on the educational developments to date. Speakers: Yadunandana Das, Braja Bihari Das, Saunaka Rsi Das, Urmila Devi Dasi and Laxmimoni Devi Dasi
For registration for the seminars & travel inquiries please contact:
Rasa Parayana Das
Tel./fax: +32 (0)86 38-71-31
A poster is on the internet at: www.radhadesh.com/index.php?id=61
Please write me for more information email@example.com