ISKCON European Convention Radhadesh 2005
Posted May 10, 2005
ISKCON CONVENTION EUROPE SEMINARS, 2005
Radhadesh Tue 5 - Sat 9 July
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Just a reminder that the ISKCON European Convention in Radhadesh will be taking place soon. There is a great line-up of teachers this year.
The convention takes place each year in Radhadesh, the Hare Krishna temple in the Belgian Ardennes. This is a good place for the seminars because of the nice facilities for delegates as well as the pleasant and peaceful surroundings. We are also organising special kirtanas and other programs in the evenings after each seminar day (see below for details).
Please find enclosed information about the teachers and the seminars they are giving. If you have a notice board please put this message on it to help us advertise the seminars.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at Radhadesh and having your association.
Shaunaka Rishi Das, Braja Bihari Das and Hrdaya Caitanya Das
For registration for the seminars & travel inquiries please contact:
Rasa Parayana Das
Tel./fax: +32 (0)86 38-71-31
Please register as soon as possible!
The poster is on the internet at: www.radhadesh.com/index.php?id=61
- Jayadvaita Swami: "Unity and perversity" - ISKCON's loss of its monopoly on Gaudiya Vaisnavism and how to respond. An analysis and open discussion.
- Sacinandana Swami: "Development of bhakti-rasa (Taste in Krsna consciousness)" - Theoretical analysis and practical tips on how to develop a deep taste in Krsna Consciousness.
- Ravindra Svarupa Das: "Texts & sex: Issues of sexuality in ISKCON today"
- Kurma Das: (2 seminars)
- "Cooking with Kurma" - A hands-on, kitchen-interactive tour of
the world of Vedic vegetarian cuisine with Australia's favourite
cooking guru Kurma Das.
Learn the art of menu creation, prepare fresh cheese, spice masalas and pastes, breads, pickles, chutneys, vegetable dishes, savouries and sweets, hear about the history, botany and science of Vedic food preparation, as well as knife skills, Ayurvedic health, digestion and nutrition, kitchen cleanliness and hygiene. Lots of take-home recipes, non-stop cooking and sumptuous feasting.
- Lessons from "The Great Transcendental Adventure - Pastimes of
His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami in Australia and New
Relish aural pleasure as Kurma Das reads and purports his highly-acclaimed 700-page book of previously unheard nectarean pastimes of Srila Prabhupada. Be there as Srila Prabhupada performs his amazing and exemplary South Seas pastimes.
- "Cooking with Kurma" - A hands-on, kitchen-interactive tour of the world of Vedic vegetarian cuisine with Australia's favourite cooking guru Kurma Das.
- Purnacandra Das: "Overhaul your spiritual life" - This series of
interrelated classes cover many major aspects of spiritual life with the aim
of devotional transformation, deepening taste, and realization.
- Japa workshop (mainly based on Haribhakti-vilas)
- Crying for Krsna (SB, NOD, Caitanya Bhagavata, Adi Purana, and Caitanya Siksamrta)
- Love and trust workshop (very interactive)
- Standing naked before God (based on SB 10.22)
- Overhaul your gayatri (Haribhakti-vilas, gayatri tikas, etc)
Purnacandra Das is the chairman of the Sastric Advisory Committee (SAC) and has written a book entitled, "Unspoken Obstacles On the Path to Bhakti".
- Braja Bihari Das: "How to run an effective meeting." - As in any organization, we in ISKCON spend time in meetings. Some are organized well, many are not. This course will detail what constitutes a well-run meeting, the different types of meetings and how to facilitate them, the "decision-rule", developing a facilitator's toolbox, and a number of other topics. The seminar will include lecture, discussion, and participatory learning.
- Atmananda Das: "Atma Yoga: Building communities and facilitating Krishna
Consciousness" - Around the globe millions of people are turning to yoga.
Atma Yoga takes advantage of the greatly increasing interest in yoga
throughout the world.
Atma Yoga is a powerful tool for outreach, education, culture, and community building. In a series of lectures you will learn how Atma Yoga is being used to bring many people closer to Krishna, who would otherwise not have an opportunity for hearing, chanting, and tasting prasadam. Atma Yoga has been described as more universal and more transformative than any of the other impersonalist yoga systems. There will also be an opportunity to experience this style of Vaisnava yoga.
- 2 bhajana evenings - Sacinandana Swami
- Purnacandra Das
- Srila Prabhupada Slide Show - Ranjit Das, BBT
- Special lecture & discussion on: Reikhi, Landmark Forum, Transformation Seminars, Stephen Covey... and Krishna Consciousness - Braja Bihari Das
- DVD show on dynamic Ukraine preaching
Creche facilities will be available during class-times for children age 3-12
When you attend the seminars the price is:
130 Euros for dormitory with common bathroom (regular temple facilities)
180 Euros for rooms of 4-5 persons with attached bathroom (guesthouse facility)
Rooms for 1, 2 or 3 persons is possible when paying a suppliment. Please mention this to Rasa Parayana Das when you are booking your accommodation.
*There is no third world fee*