Nrsimha Caturdasi Festival
Posted May 4, 2008
You are cordially invited to ISKCON Murari Sevaka Farm To Celebrate the appearance day of Lord Nrsimhadeva
Sunday May 18th 2008
"I offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord, who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demon-like desires for fruitive activity in this material world. Please appear in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existance in this material world." -Srimad Bhagavatam 5.18
- 3:00 pm Bhajans
- 4:00 pm Fire Yajna -
A fire yajna is a fire sacrifice, and ancient ceremony prescribed in the Vedas to please the Divine, thus restoring peace and balance in nature.
- 5:00 pm Talk on the Glories of Lord Nrsimha
- 5:30 Sundara Aratik and Kirtan
- 6:00 Free Vegetarian Feast
- Prasadam Feast $251
- Flowers $108
- Deity Jewelry for New Outfits $108
- Fire Sacrifice- Donors who contribute at least $51 will recieve a Nrsmiha Kavaca from the powerful Ugra Nrsimha deity in Mayapur, India. The Kavaca is enclosed in a silver casing and can be worn on a chain around the neck or arm. Our brahmana will invoke a mantra into the kavaca for each recipient which establishes a circle of protection around him or her. It is not necessary to attend the festival to obtain a kavaca.