7th Annual Himalayan Fest
Posted June 4, 2008
Saturday June 7, 6:00 pm
Schedule of Events
The 7th Annual Himalayan Performing Arts Festival will be held Saturday June 7th. at the Krishna Temple one mile south of Spanish Fork on Main St. Performing artists will take the stage, and present a menu of folk dance, classical Indian dance, drama, music and songs, according to the following stage schedule.
- 6:00 pm: Indoors: Movie: Himalayan Pilgrimage
- 6:00 pm: Outdoor stage: Chants of the Himalayas, Shatakshi Goyal, Bharat Natyam Dance Drama: Genie and the Lamp
- 6:30 pm: Sashi Kalaskar on sitar, Ted Weiss tablas
- 6:50 pm: Divya Narayanan will perform Mohiniyattom
- 7:10 pm, Students of Bonnhi Dey perform Kathak dance
- 7:20 pm: Anju Thapaliya, Nepalese Folk Dances
- 7:35 pm: Subalakshmi, Bharat Natyam Dance
- 8:10 pm: Divya Narayanam, Bharat Natyam Dance
- 8:30 pm: Kirtan & Bhajans
Throughout, festival goers can purchase hot meals of the regional cuisine.
There will be exhibits on the art, culture, dance styles, history, and cuisine of Himalayan India. Arts, crafts, apparel, jewelry, CD's, brass ware, books, deities, and wall hangings will sell in the temple gift store.
Please note there are 150 parking spaces on the temple property. For more information contact Caru or Vai at 798-3559/787-1510 or visit the web site www.utahkrishnas.com.