A Center for Vedic Culture and Theology
A Unique Offering of Love To Srila Prabhupada
From 29th Jan to 1st Feb, 2007
Dear Maharajas / Prabhus
Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.
We are pleased to bring you the news of the upcoming Sri Sri Radha Govinda Asta Sakhi and Girirajji Grand Temple Opening on the auspicious Nityananda Trayodasi Wednesday, January 31st, 2007. It is our great pleasure to invite you and your family to join us in the most auspicious Deity installation ceremony of Sri Sri Radha Govinda Asta Sakhi and Girirajji. The program starts on January 29th and continues up to January 31st. Many National and International personalities and Devotees will grace the occasion. We request you to be present on all the three days to witness the glorious installation ceremony of Sri Sri Radha Govinda with Asta Sakhi Brinda.
Srila Prabhupada's Vision unfolded A Historical Monument Emerged At The Foot Of Divine Tirumala Hills
Grand Opening of ISKCON Sri Sri Radha Govinda Asta Sakhi and Girirajji Lotus Temple Complex
It was in the year 1974-75; His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada made a visit to Tirupati Tirumala as a special guest of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. During his stay at Tirumala, Srila Prabhupada was extremely pleased to have darshan of Lord Sri Venkateswara. He was also pleased to see hundreds and thousands of pilgrimage devotees visiting the divine place daily. During the course of his discussion with the then Endowments Minister of A.P., Sri Sri Suryanarayana Raju, Srila Prabhupada pointed out that T.T.D should take steps for propagating and reviving the message of Bhagavad-Gita, immediately on a large scale. His Divine Grace said, it is the only way to bring peace and harmony throughout the world. Since T.T.D has the basic infrastructure it should work out some program and take the assistance of the devotees of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness to conduct vigorous preaching for the benefit of all.
"We should build temples like this Venkateswara Temple, which has a gold dome and wonderful facilities for visiting pilgrims."
- Srila Prabhupada, Tirupati, April 25th, 1974,
Secretary to a pure devotee by His Holiness Satsvarupa Gosvami
ISKCON Tirupati is situated at the foot hills of Tirumala, the abode of lord Balaji. Tirumala is one of the most famous Vaisnava Ksetra among 108 divya desams established by Sripad Ramanujacharya. The holy shrine is visited by 30 million pilgrims (approx) every year and is the richest temple in the world.
We started the Lotus temple complex project by performing Bhumi puja on 4th June 1998 and now it is ready for a grand inauguration. The uniqueness of this temple project is that most of the lakshmi generated by distributing Srila Prabhupada books.
- Everyday around 3 to 5 thousand pilgrims are visiting our present small temple.
- Four book tables provided by T.T.D (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams) & 2 big Book tables in Radha Govinda temple.
- A Goshala of 100 healthy cows behind the temple.
- Bhaktivedanta School of 100 children. In addition to their academic education, even the spiritual culture is imparted in their tender Hearts.
- An upcoming well furnished Govinda restaurant.
- A new Guest House of 25 rooms.
- An audio visual theatre to a capacity of accommodating 350 persons.
- A multi visual exhibition of thought provoking dioramas.
- The temple hall comprises of richly illustrated exhibits with best collections of art which are self descriptive of Lords pastimes.
- 29-01-2007, Monday
- 9:00am-Homam, Ratnadivasam, (Placing ratnas&Deities on Altar)
- 3:00pm-Nagara Sankirtana
- 8:00pm-Cultural Program.
- 30-01-2007, Tuesday
- Panchagavya Prokshanam
- 1:00 pm 473 Kalasa Snapana
- Nayana Unmilanam
- Mangala Dravyadhi Darsanam
- 8:00 pm-Cultural Program
- 31-01-2007, Wednesday
- Homam, Harathi
- Mahakhumbha Utsava
- Mahamandira Pravesha from 9:18a.m to 10:54a.m on meena lagnam
- 11:30 am - Kalash Mahabhishek
- 01:30 pm - First Darshan
- 8.00 pm – Cultural Program
- 01-02-2007, Thursday
- Inauguration by Dignitaries
- Sudarshana and Narasimha homa
- Cultural program
yah stapayati devarshi devam madhusudhana
tasya sambhashanam deva papam yati dasabdhikam
ye nirikshanti nandanti pratistam kesavasya hi
te vasanti harirloke yuganameka visasatim.
O Narada, our sins committed during long ten years, are at once, burnt down by only addressing or talking with him, who has installed the Deity of Sri Madhusudana. Who ever witnesses or expresses great pleasures, while witnessing the installation of Kesava, is in the bliss of dwelling in the "Haridhama" for long twenty-one yugas. -Hari Bhakti Vilas.
For Further Festival Information Contact: (0877) 2230009, 9393607046.
Revathi Raman Das