Vancouver Winter Olympics
Posted February 22, 2009
I am writing this to you as we count down 365 days to the "Winter Olympics" in Vancouver. This is a big International Event that the 'City of Vancouver' is hosting. We are very proud that the whole world will be looking at Vancouver. As tiny little instruments in the mission of Srila Prabhupad, we want to take full advantage of all this global attention. The first phase of close to 2 Million available tickets sold out within hours. www.vancouver2010.com/en
We'd like to invite the Book Distributors, Harinam devotees, Cooks and back up devotees to plan to come to Vancouver and help distribute the Holy name, Srila Prabhupad's Transcendental Books and Prasadam to hundreds of thousands coming to Vancouver for this great historic event. The "Official" facts about the numbers (of conditioned souls) expected and dates are below.
I want to request you to please pass this along your local devotees, Folks, your Sankirtan devotees, Travelling Sankirtan parties etc. Please encourage them to get in touch with us and let us know if and how they are willing to participate.
Aspiring to be Your servant in service to Srila Prabhupad
Akrura Das Co-President, ISKCON, Vancouver, BC, Canada. email@example.com
Olympic Winter Games: February 12 to 28, 2010
Paralympic Winter Games: March 12 to 21, 2010
Quick facts about the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games:
- Number of Olympic athletes and officials: 5,500
- Number of Paralympic athletes and officials: 1,350
- Countries participating in Olympic Winter Games: 80+
- Countries participating in Paralympic Winter Games: 40+
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games events tickets available: 1.6 million
- 2010 Paralympic Winter Games events tickets available: 250,000
- Estimated number of media representatives: 10,000
- Estimated number of Games volunteers: 25,000
PS: When the ticket sales opened, they were sold out in a few hours.