Child Protection Seminar Offered At Mayapur
Posted February 1, 2007
The ISKCON Child Protection Office will be offering a one day seminar at Mayapur, India, on February 16, 2007. The seminar is free of charge, and conveniently scheduled preceding the Gaura Purnima festival. This training is appropriate for all interested devotees, including child protection team members, teachers, temple managers, and parents. This is an excellent opportunity for devotees from all over the world to receive training in child protection. This is one of the “sat sanga” seminars sponsored by the MIHET at Mayapur (www.mihet.org).
- Child protection in our temples and communities
- Definitions and description of the different types of child maltreatment,
- Signs and symptoms of abuse, and physical, emotional, and psychological consequences.
- Role of CPO, Temple leaders, Child Protection Teams, Teachers, and Community
- A Child Abuse Prevention Model
- Characteristics of Child Abusers
- Care for victims, and community response to abuse.
- The seminar is taught by Tamohara dasa who is the Director of the ISKCON Central Office of Child Protection. This and similar seminars have been presented in the last two years in America, Canada, England, Hungary, Italy, Germany, Vrndavana, Mayapur, Brazil, and Peru.