Lord Jagannath Ratha Yatra, Tampa Florida, Sunday January 8th, 2006
Posted December 29, 2005
We are humbly requesting all members of The New Raman Reti Community to participate in celebration of the first ever Ratha Yatra in Tampa Florida.
On Saturday January 7th, in temple there will be festival installation and welcoming ceremony of Lord Jagannath, Lord Baladeva and Subhadra Maharani, newly carved by Mahesh Prabhu (Srila Prabhupada disciple). See program schedule given below:
3:15 pm Procession
3:30 pm Installation ceremony
4:00 pm Bhoga offering followed by Bhajans and Jagannatha Astaka
4:15-4:45 pm Full Aratik
4:45-5:00 pm Children’s offering/performance
5:00 pm Prasadam
Sunday feast will be held on Saturday Jan, 7th at above scheduled time
This feast is sponsored by Freight Exchange Inc. Owned by our youth-
Govinda Dasa Syer
Govinda Das Romeo
P.S. Because Ratha Yatra in Tampa on Sunday, so there will be no Sunday feast on 8th Jan.
- We will be bringing Ratha Yatra Cart from Alachua to Tampa. This cart was used in NY and Boston Ratha Yatra and Srila Prabhupada were there on this cart.
- Madhuha Prabhu will be setting up festival of India on festival site
- Badahari Prabhu, Mahatma Prabhu, Purushartha Prabhu and other devotees’ will lead kirtan on stage with their musical instruments.
- Prasadam will be cooked by Alachua devotees.
- Cultural program on stage, devotees from Alachua will perform dance, drama and so on.
- Their will be lots of preaching opportunity like Prasadam distribution, Books distribution during procession preaching at question/answer booth, different dioramas booths…etc…!
- Devotees from this community will be leading procession with kirtan so please kindly participate with your family
Program schedule for Sunday January 8th
7:20 am greeting of the deities, procession taking Lord Jagannath, Baladeva and Subhadra to Car, then Gurupuja in temple
8:00 am Buses will leave to Tampa promptly, Breakfast prasadam will be served on Way.
11:00 pm Ratha Yatra parade begins, followed by festival of India, Entertainment and Prasadam.
Curtis Hixson Park, 700 N Ashley Dr, Downtown Tampa
Ample Parking @ Poe Garage next to the Festival Site
Ratha Yatra Starts and Ends, Festival of India, Cultural Program, prasadam and Ample Parking are at the same place
So Pl schedule your day for this great event and get special mercy form Lord Jaganatha and start your new year with Krishna Prema.
We have arranged 3 buses for transportation from Alachua Temple, so if you would like to go by bus pl sign up your name on temple notice board left side of the Temple Kitchen.
Or if you planning to go by your own vehicle see direction chart given below.
Direction to Program Place
- Take I-75 South and go for 126.6 Miles
- Merge onto I-275 S via EXIT 274 toward TAMPA / ST PETERSBURG-16.8 Miles
- Take EXIT 44 toward DOWNTOWN-WEST. 0.4 miles
- Merge onto N ASHLEY DR. 0.4 miles
- End at 700 N Ashley Dr Tampa, FL 33602, US