Krishna Temple (Krishna's Appearance Fest)
Posted August 31, 2007
Sunday September 2, 8 pm - 1 am
The Krishna Temple at 8628 S Main St. in Spanish Fork has planned a transcendental birthday party for Sunday September 2nd. to celebrate The Appearance Day of Shree Krishna. From 8 pm there will be Indian dance, drama, musical concerts, hot meals, exhibits, and gifts available to all.
Sunday, Labor Day Weekend
Monday is a holiday. You may sleep in.
Events will include a Chariot Fest, Dahi Hundi, Dance by Easwar Ganesh from Los Angeles, Musical pageant of Sri Krishna's Birth, Kirtans, Bhajans, Cuisine, Ritual Bathing Ceremony (Abhishekam) Click Here and Midnight aratik and feast..
Schedule of Events
- 8 pm. Kirtan ( Devotional Chanting)
- 8:30 pm. Ratha Yatra (Chariot Procession)
- 9:00 pm. Govinda Ala Re (Human Pyramid)
- 9:15 pm. Ganesh Easwara Dances
- 10:00 pm. Musical Pageant of Krishna's Birth
- 10:30 pm. Abhishekam, Ritual Bathing ceremony
- 11:30 pm. Kirtanams
- 12:00 am. Midnight aratik
- 12:30 am. Huge Vegetarian feast
meals available for sale thru evening for those not fasting, free after midnight.
We still need some athletic men and women for the Dahi Hundi scheduled at 9 pm. 801 787-1510.
Honorable Kalasha Sponsors thus far