How I Joined Srila Prabhupada's Mission.... By You!
Posted April 2, 2006
We have created a wonderful international community project glorifying Srila Prabhupada and the offering of your story is an integral part of it.
A blog (online diary) has been created at www.how-i-joined.blogspot.com with the intention of publishing your story of how you joined, written by you. The e mail address you will send your story to is firstname.lastname@example.org with one attached photo (see below).
Every last devotee who surrendered to Srila Prabhupada is very important to him and your story is a wonderful tribute to your dedication to the Sankirtan movement. Everyone has been a part of the spreading of Lord Caitanya's mission. Please share your story with us.
Here are a few suggestions to help start putting into words your experience:
- what year did you join, which city were you in and how old were you?
- what did you friends and family think?
- did you join alone? sibling, spouse, kids, friends...
- where you first met the devotees or got a book: street, friend, family, concert, net, harinama, festival, airport, library, college, university, parking lot, temple...
- what was your first thought upon seeing/meeting the devotees?
- Who gave you your first book or told you about Krishna.
- Which temple you joined and served in and what was your primary service(s).
- Did you join as a Grhasta or were you encouraged to join the brahmacari/brahmacarini asrama.
- what piqued your interest: philosophy, music, blissfull devotees, halava!, prasadam, the smells, getting "high", the lifestyle.
- who is your spiritual master or aspiring spiritual master.
- special mercy you received.
And any other details you think would be a nice addition.
These are only suggestions to help you create your story, it isn't a question and answer format. Please run your story through a spell checker before sending and feel free to send one photo, which will be posted with your story, that holds some meaning to you: initiation photo, you doing a service, you with your Gurudeva, you with your family, etc....
Please try to keep your story under 1000 words. Please forward this to e mail to any Vaisnava e groups, e lists, forums, etc... that you belong to and to any other devotees who you think would love being a part of this project.
Thank you and I look forward to reading the nectar.