Veggie Garden in Puerto Rico Seeks Mature, Creative Chef / Kitchen Manager
Posted May 17, 2007
Our restaurant, Veggie Garden was founded almost five years ago in honor of our guru, HH Tamal Krishna Goswami. By the mercy of Guru & Krishna Vegge Garden has flourished and we continually receives very positve reviews! We are in the process of opening a 2nd location larger near the beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico, targeted to open in August or September 2007. This is a hip area where many young people, wealthy residents, and tourists frequent. I am currently accepting applications for a head Chef. Veggie Garden is a busy restaurant and our 2nd location will be a super project and since we will be open both days and nights, it is anticipated that we will be very busy! Therefore, person we are looking for should also work well and be inspired in a busy environment!
We are seeking a mature, creative chef/kitchen manager who has the skill to take our vegetarian restaurant to the next level, to enable us to serve thousands sumptuous prasadam! As a Chef You:
- Are a committed vegetarian passionate about vegetarian & vegan and healthful cuisine,and cooking with devotion.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of dedicated experience cooking in a restaurant kitchen & catering - cuisine with a touch of India!
- Enthusiastic and interested in learning our current menus, and to develop new and creative menus (using fresh & organic produce).
- You have good organizational skills, and can maintain a high standard of cleanliness
- Responsible for inventory, ordering, and supervising kitchen staff.
- Are comfortable both leading a team and being part of a team
- Are and enthusiastic perosn with a sence of humor!
- Are willing to relocate to the beautiful Caribbean Island of Puerto Rico!
- An apartment available
- Salary based upon experience.
This position requires applicant to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States. (Puerto Rico is a US territory and currency is US dollars)
Please submit your information to attention: Nandini - Chef position.