BBT International Executive Secretary, Long-term, Full-time Position
Posted June 9, 2006
[Editor's Note: This position has been filled since the ad was posted.]
BBT International has an opening for an executive secretary. We are looking for someone ready to make a long term commitment. In keeping with our self-assessed mandate to train and facilitate our youth, we encourage second generation youth to apply for this position. We’ll start with a one-year commitment and three-month probation period, but we are looking for someone to take this on as their project.
Interface with ISKCON and non-ISKCON public around the world about the use of BBT copyrighted materials. Process permission’s applications; issue and document licenses, contracts and other necessary legal documents; follow up with licensees on proper use of licenses. Interface closely with BBT Legal Department on all copyright issues. Submit monthly reports to the BBT Directors. Other duties as required.
- Excel in written and verbal communication.
- Be multi-taskers and fast learners.
- Have an ability to plan and execute office tasks and possess computer skills.
- Be detail-oriented, have “street” sense and common sense.
- Have working knowledge, or ability to quickly learn, the legal dealings specific to this position.
- Devotionally oriented, and desirous of making the success of the BBT their devotional service.
- Possess people skills.
- Be energetic, self-motivated.
- Possess high standard of professional and business ethics.
- Capable of project execution and management, ability to balance multiple and diverse projects.
The position is located in Alachua, Florida, USA.
BBT stipend model: maximum allowance $2,000/month.
Note on BBT stipend model
BBT managers acknowledge the need for individuals to financially maintain themselves. BBT has limited capacity to compensate employees at secular/market rates and we encourage and require volunteer participation. BBT positions therefore require a balance of financial needs and volunteer service.
In balancing these two realities, we will work with candidates. Applicants are welcomed to express their financial needs. If a qualified applicant requires less than the maximum allowance listed, then that will be appreciated and will weigh into the hiring process.
Respond with cover letter, resume, references and a one paragraph essay why you should be chosen for the position to: Pranada dasi at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
June 20, 2006