Marketing Coordinator Position Available
Posted January 28, 2006
Background for the Position
BBT International formed BBT Special Projects (SPD) to develop a marketing department that will develop strategies for BBT's new- and back-list into traditional and nontraditional trade markets.
To provide people easy access to comprehensive knowledge of pure Bhakti yoga through books, music and other media. Through every avenue we can identify, to help people increase their faith and practically apply true and pure Bhakti principles in their lives-especially chanting Hare Krishna--and develop a lifetime relationship with Srila Prabhupada's books.
Current marketing strategies include:
- Market entry-level books on Krishna consciousness that are packaged to speak
meaningfully and rationally to the target audience. The books will be
relatable and relevant. Use the Bhakti Campaign concept unless market
research provides other, more compelling, marketing strategies for
- Market books of the Gosvamis and acharyas in our line to the Vaishnava
market and academia.
- Develop continuancy programs for people to practice Bhakti in their homes.
Make materials available for this purpose. Establish online reading groups
- Publish devotional music that has broad appeal to support the devotional
service of people interested in Bhakti yoga, and attract those who may not
practice Bhakti but are interested in mantras.
- Research other notions viable and important to BBT's main customer: ISKCON, including market research and analysis of established churches.
Some long-term goals (examples):
To establish a national speaking circuit for authors, develop local Bhakti groups, national seminars, and retreat centers to provide a facility to learn, share, and personally experience the transformational power of pure Bhakti yoga.
Primary responsibilities include developing and managing a portfolio of product (and services) marketing programs driven by research data that create brand awareness and generate contacts for BBT using traditional and nontraditional marketing strategies, as well as web marketing strategies.
This position drives the market research department, comprised of volunteers, and such research provides support for multiple objectives. The Coordinator will insure that the following objectives (and others developed through strategic planning) are realized:
Objective 1. Identify target audience for Bhakti books, music and other products.
Objective 2. Learn the language of our target market and write in that language.
Objective 3. Identify our distribution opportunities for books. Provide books for ISKCON's use for book distribution, identify the entire universe of trade options and trade alternatives.
Objective 4. Develop affiliate relationships with key groups and people, and do collaborative efforts with them.
Objective 5. Develop a working knowledge of how book and music publishers market their products. Identify suitable channels.
Objective 6. Develop full communication channels inside BBT and ISKCON and to the world.
Objective 7. Promote books and music.
The Marketing Manager will also:
- Build a reference library.
- Increase personal proficiency by studying marketing through books, online seminars, and educational materials. Education should be ongoing.
- Cultivate volunteers to assist in the Marketing Effort.
- Enthusiastically present Bhakti and the Bhakti campaign to everyone we contact. Develop PR to accomplish this.
- Maintain expenses within the Marketing budget.
This position reports directly to the BBT Special Project's Managers Gopal Bhatta dasa and Pranada dasi.
- Have professional marketing education and/or experience.
- Excel in written and verbal communication, have an ability to network inside and outside ISKCON and the BBT.
- Be fast learners.
- Have an ability to plan and execute events and tradeshows.
- Be hardworking and ambitious.
- Be devotionally oriented.
- Build teams and possess people skills.
- Be energetic, self-motivated.
- Capable of project execution and management, ability to balance multiple and diverse projects.
- Have strong sales abilities.
The position is located in Alachua, Florida, USA.
BBT stipend model: $1,500/month. Candidate's qualifications will be considered.
Respond with cover letter, resume, references and a one paragraph essay why you should be chosen for the position to: Pranada dasi at email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those
applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.