ISKCON Phoenix Seeks Pujari, Operations Manager
Posted August 13, 2007
ISKCON of Phoenix is looking for a Temple Brahmana Priest for outside Samskara services. We will offer room, board and a percentage of revenue brought into the temple from the performances of Samskars/Poojas to the devotee who fills this service position. Income potential is $10,000 or more a year. (Temple-sponsored events would be excluded from commission payouts.)
The primary responsibility of this position would be to manage the temple's Vedic Samskar/Pooja program and congregational development. Other responsibilities would include serving as the primary Samskar/Pooja priest for the community, performing Deity pujari service, educating the congregation about the process of Bhakti yoga, conducting weekly home programs, doing temple service as needed and assisting in cooking offerings for the Deities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have ISKCON second initiation and five or more years experience in such a role, with a proven track record of responsibility and success. The position requires a serious commitment to Krishna consciousness, a strong command of the English language, good interpersonal and communication skills, driving experience and the capability to perform all kinds of traditional Vedic Samskar/Pooja rituals.
We are also looking for a Temple Operations Manager. We will offer room, board and a reasonable monthly allowance to the devotee who fills this service position.
The primary responsibilities of this position are managing day-to-day operations of the temple, including such tasks as:
- Answering phones, taking and delivering messages,
- Managing collection and distribution of temple mail,
- Meeting and greeting temple guests,
- Receiving donations and issuing receipts,
- Running the store (about 9 hours weekly or as needed),
- Managing the temple donor base, data entry and recognition program for special life events (birthdays, anniversaries) of congregational members,
- Managing the life member program,
- Managing registration and accommodations for overnight temple guests,
- Managing/coordinating temple cleaning, building and outdoor maintenance needs,
- Managing temple vehicle maintenance,
- Promotion and fundraising for festivals,
- Performing other administrative/clerical tasks as needed, and
- Running temple errands and special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an initiated devotee with two or more years experience in such a role. The candidate must have a demonstrated track record of leadership and responsibility. The position requires a serious commitment to Krishna consciousness, a strong command of the English language, good interpersonal and communication skills, driving experience, intermediate-level computer skills, and leadership and coordination skills
If interested in either of these positions, please contact me at (480)
231-9915 and send letters of recommendation and résumé to
email@example.com or by mail
to ISKCON Phoenix, 100 South Weber Drive, Chandler, Arizona, U.S.A.