Atlanta Yoga Teacher Training
Posted May 17, 2007
August 10 - September 9, 2007
This training will build strength, focus, confidence, balance, determination
200 hours Teacher Certification
$2000 (incl. breakfast & lunch prasadam and evening snack daily)
Center for Self Discovery (next to Atlanta Temple)
1315 S. Ponce de Leon Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
This comprehensive four week teacher training is taught by master yoga teacher, Atmananda, founder of the Atma Yoga school. Atmananda has 34 years of yoga training under such masters as Yogi Arcala, Swami Rama and Yogi Bhajan and is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance.
The teacher training will prepare students for the next generation of yoga and is designed to make yoga safe and accessible to a very wide range of people. We will move deeply through several aspects of teaching which include:
- Turbo yoga, power yoga I, and power yoga II - for a more rigorous practice these sets combine pranayama and asana which provide a unique experience.
- Slow deep stretch - this restorative practice is ideal for many different body types and uses a system of pranayama and sound vibrations that has a deeply healing influence on the nervous system
- Sadhana for the mind - the core of Atma Yoga's tools for transformation. You will understand by experience the exceptional value that yoga has to offer the general public.
- Anatomy for Yoga
- Hidden history of yoga - we explore the ancient Sanskrit texts from which yoga is drawn.
- Presentation skills - you will discover that yoga psychology reveals a systematic process for becoming a confident and charismatic teacher. This presentation skills program will unlock many levels of possibility within you.
- The business of yoga - marketing, creating workshops and running your own center.