Dream of Living Right By a Temple With a Great Community?
Posted April 28, 2006
Have you wanted to live within easy walking distance to a temple that has a solid community of devotees? Here is the opportunity, with facility that offers more than just a beautiful residence.... A large 3236 sq. ft. home with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and 3 half baths on 4.6 wooded acres, less than ½ mile from the New Goloka temple!
Located in Hillsborough, North Carolina’s thriving grhasta community, this home is ideal for devotees who wish to live in private comfort while simultaneously housing extended family, and facilitating a home business and/or preaching.
The property also boasts a newly built, beautiful cedar log cabin beside the main house. The cabin could be used for guests, extended family, or rented out for extra income.
The spacious downstairs area of the main home is finished to state private school specifications. Possible uses include a home business, community center, school, guest facility, day care, a second living space, devotee guest facility, or a rental facility. In terms of comfort and convenience the home includes two large decks overlooking forested slopes and a fresh water stream. There are also large storage areas and an insulated workroom.
The Hillsborough devotee community has the advantage of being in a semi-rural setting, but just 5 minutes from Hillsborough with many job and business possibilities. The house is also a 5 minute drive from two major interstate highways, and only 20 minutes from great preaching and employment opportunities in Chapel Hill and Durham. Major universities are also in those two cities, as well as 45 minutes away in Raleigh and Greensboro. The house is a 30 minute drive from a large, international airport.
For more information and photographs go to realtor.com, MLS#828295; Call Drsta dasa at 919-593-7530
Here are more details:
Versatile, multi-use facility…
- Large, finished downstairs… a myriad of possibilities – The sizeable downstairs area of the home, finished to state private school specifications, housed the community’s gurukula for several years. It is perfect for a family run business or for devotees desiring to use their home as a preaching base. This part of the building is a dream-come-true for anyone looking for a house which offers more than basic living accommodations. Possible uses include but are not limited to…
- Home business – The downstairs is suited for use as a private school, daycare, art showroom, archival/manufacturing/storage warehouse, artistic workshop, library, computer lab etc.
- Community center – It would be perfect for hosting seminars, youth groups, bhakti vrksa programs, homeschooler gatherings, after school kids' programs, library services, computer/internet cafe, miscellaneous workshops/classes such as dance, music, yoga, Bhakti Sastri etc.
- Rental facility - The area could be rented out for the above or other similar purposes.
- Guest accommodations or a second living facility – It could be used as is to accommodate guests or, with a little remodeling, would be suitable as a second living facility.
- Beautiful log cabin – As an attractive bonus, a newly built log cabin home sits near the main house. This gorgeous cabin is made of 6” cedar logs. The all-wood interior is beautiful and cozy. It has a garden window suitable for Tulasi, a screened-in porch, and was built according to Vastu guidelines. It would be ideal as a “mother-in-law” apartment for additional family members, an extra office, guest accommodation, or could be rented out for extra income.
Everyday comfort and convenience…
- Idyllic rural setting – The property comprises 4.6 beautiful, forested acres complete with a clear, fresh water stream. There is also a large lawn.
- Two large decks – The home includes two sizeable decks, one covered and one open.
- Lots of space – The upstairs living area boasts an unusually spacious living room, three nicely sized bedrooms, a large kitchen, two full baths, two walk-in closets and a laundry room. Included on the property are a storage shed and large workroom area. The place is ideal for those who have lots of “stuff!”
- Privacy – The home is up on a hill, far enough removed from the road and neighboring homes so as to limit the sounds of traffic, and peering eyes and listening ears of passersby or neighbors.
- Paved, spacious driveway – The paved driveway provides easy access to the road and generous parking space for visitors.
- Clean – All kitchen appliances such as the stove, refrigerator and dishwasher were recently purchased brand new by the devotees who occupied the building. Thus no meat has ever been cooked and/or stored therein!
- Traveling convenience – The property is conveniently located between two major highways – I-85 and I-40. Each interstate is only five minutes away.
- Great employment opportunities – Given that the home is 20 minutes from the booming college towns of Chapel Hill and Durham and ½ hour from the one of the world’s largest, most highly reputable technological/scientific research centers, Research Triangle Park, the employment opportunities abound. There are also many good jobs in Hillsborough, a five minute drive.
- Proximity to the New Goloka Temple – The temple is a mere seven minute walk or 30 second car ride… it is less than a ½ mile away!
- Family friendly community/temple – New Goloka boasts a large, growing community of well-situated, stable families. The temple is extremely family and kid friendly. Home programs and family get-togethers are common.
List price- $309,900